I am sure many of you charge your phone during the night. However be warned that there have been several cases which show how dangerous it can be. Recently Fox4, Tampa Bay, reported that a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone exploded in a 13 year old's bed, while she was charging it on her pillow on the bed.
Samsung is investigating the issue. A spokesperson for Samsung said that their products are safe, and pointed out that the battery in the phone, that exploded, was not original Samsung battery and that could be a potential reason for the explosion. Company said that there is a need for consumer education when it comes to rechargeable batteries.
They also do post a warning in their user guide, which specifically states that covering one of their devices with bedding or other material could restrict airflow and cause a fire.
Disclaimer: Please use this channel at your own discretion. These articles are contributed by our users. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information of these articles.
View All Contributions